House of Travel
House of Travel and Hospice New Zealand have been national partners for over ten years. It's an association which goes from strength to strength, and of which we are very proud.
For more than a decade, House of Travel stores throughout the country have supported their local hospices in ways as diverse as their communities, helping to raise both funds and awareness.
Recent highlights have included teams from House of Travel stores:
- Hosting 'Armchair Travel' sessions - whisking patients, caregivers and volunteers away to foreign countries and places of interest with stories and photos - truly encapsulating 'living every moment'
- Organising, sponsoring and attending fundraising events such as quiz nights, movie screenings, sports tournaments and book fairs - with some even baring their legs in support of 'Shorts for Hospice' day
- Sponsoring hospice running costs such as nurses cars and art therapy supplies, and providing use of their facilities for special hospice events and meetings
- Generously volunteering their time to support a wide range of initiatives including street collections, Trees of Remembrance and Christmas gift wrapping stands
- Creating memorable experiences for patients participating in a 'living well' programme
- Promoting Hospice Awareness Week in-store, online and via social media
- Sharing their business knowledge, expertise and contacts with fundraising teams and volunteers
- Engaging their customers with the work of hospice
- Collecting and donating second hand clothing to their local hospice shops, and encouraging their customers to do the same.
We would particularly like to recognise the commitment of Debbie Herridge, Tracee Buckenham, Paul Murray and Jen Mason from Roydvale Ave, whose tireless support of Nurse Maude Hospice was celebrated at the 2016 House of Travel awards.
It is the dedication and energy of teams such as this that highlight the tremendous difference that can be made in our local communities through this special partnership.